Giving Back Fund 8th Annual Big Game Big Give
February 5, 2017, Houston, TX
Last night The Giving Back Fund held its 8th annual Super Bowl charity event, Big Game Big Give, hosted by Academy Award Nominee Josh Brolin and emceed by David Schwimmer at the estate of Lisa and Michael Holthouse. For the first time, the evening included a star studded after party with a performance by Common and a celebrity poker tournament, presented by BBO Poker Tables, hosted by Olympian Michael Phelps, World Series of Poker Champion Jamie Gold and emceed by Fox’s NFL Sunday’s Rob Riggle.
“It was such an honor to host the 8th annual Big Game Big Give fundraising event this year”, said Josh Brolin. “Super Bowl weekend is something that I look forward to every year, and I am so glad that I was able to be a part of something really special and help support the amazing work that The Giving Back Fund does.”
The organization raised more than $1 million by auctioning off items such as an NBA All-Star Weekend extravaganza, a walk on role in Brolin’s upcoming film George and Tammy starring Jessica Chastain, tickets to the Hollywood premiere of Avengers: Infinity Wars, jewelry, high end designer bags, sports memorabilia and much more.
Michael Phelps hosted the celebrity poker tournament held following the main event. The night’s winners took home once-in-a-lifetime experiences including six months of private coaching by World Series of Poker Champion Jamie Gold and a seat at the Main Event of the World Series Poker, a VIP experience at the 2017 ESPY Awards and the 2017 Masters. Phelps and his wife Nicole Johnson competed in the tournament, with Johnson coming out ahead. The top 20 players were also awarded a custom BBO Poker Table, shipped directly from the event to the home of their choice and autographed by the celebrities they played alongside.
“Big Game Big Give is our only fundraising event of the year,” said CEO of The Giving Back Fund, Marc Pollick. “With the money raised last night, we will be able to make in impact in the lives of so many people.”
The Giving Back Fund, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary of providing philanthropic consulting, management and administrative services to professional athletes, celebrities high net worth individuals and corporations. The organization has worked with some of the biggest names in the sports and entertainment world including Ben Roethlisberger, Justin Timberlake, Yao Ming, Arian Foster, Magic Johnson, Britney Spears, Steve Gleason, Michael Bay and Mark Wahlberg and many more. Additionally, host committee chairs and home hosts Lisa and Michael Holthouse chose Lemonade Day, which focuses on serving the community with proactive programs designed to teach life skills, character & entrepreneurship, to receive a large portion of the night’s proceeds.
About The Giving Back Fund
The Giving Back Fund (GBF) is a national nonprofit organization that encourages and facilitates charitable giving by professional athletes, celebrities, high net worth individuals, existing nonprofit organizations, corporations and others who truly desire to give back. We provide philanthropic consulting, management and administrative services while operating as a flexible, convenient vehicle for establishing individual foundations and fiscally sponsored projects under a governance structure like that of a community foundation. By offering a straightforward and cost-effective approach to philanthropy, high-level expertise and professional services, and carefully targeted giving opportunities, GBF helps those who want to give back to society and to the communities that have nurtured them. http://www.givingback.org/
Founded in 2006 by George Chao, BBO is a highly recognized international brand that supplies poker tables to its coveted clientele worldwide including high-end casinos, Facebook, Google, NBC, and the NBA Golden State Warriors among others. Headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, BBO has been featured on shows such as HGTV, ESPN, ABC, DIY, Man Cave, The Price is Right, as well as, Will Smith’s 2015 featured film — “Focus.” BBO Poker Tables is a partner and official table provider for the World Poker Tour.
BBO’s motto — Poker for the People — started as a concept that enthusiasts of all levels can play. But as of late, the message has developed to actively include using poker as a game changer to inspire charitable contributions. Most recently, BBO partnered with the Golden State Warriors Community Foundation and Mlife in a poker tournament to raise funds in supporting education, youth development and thriving schools. Similarly, BBO was a sponsor for the St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital Celebrity Poker Tournament dedicated to treating and defeating childhood cancer and other life-threatening diseases. Giving back to its community is a responsibility that BBO is proud to take on. For more information, visit: www.BBOPokerTables.com.
- Variety Children’s Charity Poker
- Jamie Gold Returns to Poker After Dark for “Golden Nights” Week
- Jamie Gold is Back! But Was He Ever Gone?
- Variety Charity Poker Night – 2018
- Great Jamie Gold Fold
- Variety Charity Poker Night
- Top Poker Pros Talk Poker Strategy and Politics
- A Conversation with Jamie Gold – Winner of the Biggest WSOP Main Event Ever
- Jamie Gold And Adrian Paul To Host The PEACE Fund’s Annual Celebrity Poker Tournament
- WSOP Main Event Champ Jamie Gold – Tipsy Talk
- Yasiel Puig’s Wild Horse Foundation Charity Poker Tournament
- Linkin Park And Steve Aoki Host Music For Relief Poker Tournament
- Giving Back Fund Holds 8th annual Big Game Big Give Event at Super Bowl
- Giving Back Fund 8th Annual Big Game Big Give
- February 4th! Jamie Hosts “Big Game – Big Give”
- ESPN – Poker is lacking the heroes and villains it so desperately needs
- Real Story with Gretchen Carlson
- Access Hollywood Segment from the Variety Charity Poker Tournament
- Variety Charity Poker Night – July 27th
- The Variety Charity Poker & Casino Night!
- Casino World Magazine July 2016
- One Step Closer Foundation Celebrity Poker Tournament
- 2006 WSOP Champion Jamie Gold: “Poker’s Back and So Am I”
- Wall Street is wagering that the ‘great dollar correction’ is just beginning
- Music for Relief Poker Tournament Benefit
- Jamie Gold takes Second in the Bicycle Casino WSOP Circuit Main Event
- Poker for Hope 2016
- A Closer Look at WSOP Champion Jamie Gold’s Charity Poker Work
- USA Today – Antonio Esfandiari beats Jamie Gold for WSOP Circuit gold
- Jose Canseco, Jamie Gold & A YouStake Showdown
- WSOP Day 35: Jamie Gold and Anthony Zinno in Prime Position to Capture WSOP Bracelets
- Jamie Gold Makes Final Table In $1,500 No-Limit Hold’em Event At 2015 World Series Of Poker
- 2006 WSOP Champ Jamie Gold Thinks “Maybe I Can Compete Again” and Talks YouStake
- An Evening with Dr. Mehmet Oz to benefit Kidsanctuary
- The One Step Closer Foundation’s Seventh Annual All-In for Cerebral Palsy (CP) Celebrity Poker Tournament
- 7th Annual All In for CP Celebirty Poker Tournament
- Go All-In for a Good Cause
- Her House of Cards
- High Stakes Heroes : Poker Player Magazine
- Good instincts can overcome bad cards
- ESPN 106.3FM Interview
- Auction to Benefit Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
- Wonderwall Listomania – Celebrity Poker Stars
- Can Poker Save the World?
- SI Vault – Jamie Gold
- Jamie Gold – “The Philanthropist”