Sadly after winning the Main Event in 2006 Jamie’s father passed away, having suffered from ALS (more commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease). This prompted Jamie to actively help raise awareness of this condition so that people understood it fully and could help fund research.
Jamie is widely acknowledged to be one of the most active charity fundraisers in the poker industry, indeed in the US as a whole. A supporter for the ALS Division of the MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Association) and board member of several charitable foundations including Global Creative Forum, Jamie has actively worked to involve celebrities and poker pros in his events with the aim of creating greater awareness of the causes in which he believes.
In 2007 Jamie won the Montel Williams MS Foundation Poker Tournament and gave his entire winnings to the MS Foundation in order to fund the research of this incapacitating neuromuscular disease. Jamie’s efforts have helped to raise over $300 million for causes worldwide.
Variety The Children's Charity Poker Night, July 2014
Global Creative Forum - Poker Tournament, Oct. 2010
The Big Game Big Give 2017 gala garnered 500 million media impressions for the cause as well as the brands that were involved through a new model of corporate philanthropy created by Jamie to give brands a higher level of celebrity connection and consumer engagement while supporting causes and ALL 100 PERCENT TAX DEDUCTIBLE.
Jamie is inspiring and showing corporations a new path to giving back while promoting their brand.
A true win for all. Learn more at: www.biggamebiggive.org.
PARTIAL LIST OF OVER 260 EVENTS
- Variety Children's Charity at Paramount Pictures - July 2016, Host
- One Step Closer Foundation for CP - June 2016, Co-Host with Cheryl Hines and Montel Williams
- Tia's Hope Foundation - June 2016, Co Host with Mark Wahlberg
- JED Foundation NYC - May 2016, Co host with Beth Shak
- Music For Relief - March 2016, Co Host w Linkin Park
- Kidsanctuary - March, 2015
- Habitat for Humanity - March, 2015, Co-Host with Dr. Oz.
- Fourth Annual Variety The Children's Charity - Poker Night - July, 2014, Host
- Beverly Hills Police and Fireman's Ball - with Jay Leno February, 2014
- Bounce NYC Super Bowl Charity Event - February, 2014, Host
- New York Knicks' Alan Houston Foundation Charity - December 2013, Host
- After-School All-Stars at the Petersen Museum -June 2013, Host
- City of Hope Poker Night - May 2013, Co-Host
- Los Angeles Police Memorial Foundation Celebrity Poker Tournament hosted by James Gandolfini - April 2013, Participant
- World Poker Tour Foundation "Playing for a Better World" Inaugural Event - March 2012, Advisory Council
- 2011 Dallas Superbowl charity event for Troops - Feb 2011, Co-Host
- Global Creative Forum fundraiser for United Nations - October 2010, Host and Emcee
- Sea Paddle Charity New York - August 2010, Co-Host
- Children’s Institute Inc. Charity Poker Event - October 2009, Emcee
- 4th Annual Monte Carlo Night - October 2009, Co-Host with Nancy Cartwright, Emcee
- Foundation Charity Event at Poker in the Park - August 2009, London, UK, Host, Emcee
- Sunflower Children's Charity Poker Night at Cannes Film Festival - May 2009, Co-Host with Ed Norton and Helena Houdova, Nice, France, Emcee
- Children Uniting Nations: Oscars After-Party Beverly Hilton - February 2009, Host, Emcee
- Ante Up For Africa: Sundance - January 2009, Co-Host, Emcee
- Road 2 Recovery Charity Poker Tournament - October 2008, Emcee
- Jerry Lewis MDA Telethon - September 2008, Presenter/PSA Appeal
- Urban Health Institute’s Celebrity Poker Tournament - May 2008, Co-Host, Emcee
- Michael J. Fox Foundation Celebrity Poker Tournament - May 2008, Emcee
- Montel Williams MS Foundation Pro-Celebrity Poker Challenge - March 2008, Participant
- Operation: All-In, Randy Couture Charity Poker Tournament - January 2008, Co-Host & Emcee
- Virgin Atlantic Charity Poker Tournament - November 2007, Co-Host with Richard Branson